Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jones Sofa Recovering - Part 1

I've been working on the pillow covers for my friends' sofa and wanted to share a little bit of the progress. This is the project I talked about in this post.  This is the first project I've done on my new machine and I'm really enjoying it.  It's very easy to use and runs smoothly.  Katie picked a beautiful fabric out from Premier Fabrics and I know she is ready for me to hurry up and finish her pillows!

This was my first attempt at sewing in a zipper and I think it turned out pretty well.  I'll definitely get better, but these pillows are definitely presentable.  To make the back pillows, I first sewed in the zipper.  I got to use my zipper foot, it is a nice accessory to have.  Here are some pictures of the process:

After the zipper was in I stitched up the other three sides of the pillow.  Then I went back to the first side and stitched on either side of the zipper to complete the pillow.

Then I turned it right side out.  Here is the finished product:

Completed Pillow Cover

My first sewn in zipper.

Completed Pillow (with insert)

Don't worry, Katie, this isn't the only pillow I've done, it's just all I've taken pictures of so far.  That's why this is "part 1."  More to come on this project, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment