Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm SEW excited!

I know, corny title, but I couldn't resist!  I got a new sewing machine recently and I really am excited about using it.  Here it is:


I set up and threaded my machine this weekend.  It was fun and runs so much more smoothly than the old one,  I'd been using my grandmother's old machine (I think it's from the 80s).  My grandmother taught me to sew when I was in junior high, but I didn't really use my skills much until the past year.  It was fun to refresh my memory and figure things out on her old machine, but it has its quirks and it was time for a new one.  My new machine has several features the old one doesn't have too.  I'm excited to try them out. 

My first project is recovering a couch for my friend, Katie.  She designed my beautiful wedding invitations and save the date cards.  I'll post pics as I complete the project... hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay,comments!