Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dryer Duct Wreath



I recently saw this mason jar wreath on Pinterest:

Pinterest

I think it looks really cool, but I don't have that many old mason jar lids, nor do I know where to find them.  I've had a "Q" shaped wreath that was covered in moss hanging on the chapel door when we got married that I've wanted to use for a while.  I wanted to do something different with it and this was a great inspiration.  I looked around in the home improvement section of Wal-Mart today and saw a dryer vent hose.  I remembered we had some we didn't use in our laundry room cabinet and got excited.  So, I covered the wreath this afternoon!

This is the wreath I started with:



I had two different dryer ducts we weren't using.  I ended up only using the one on the left. (another project later for the one on the right?)


I cut the duct down the center and pulled it apart at the seams:


Then I wrapped it around the wreath and squeezed it into place.


And here's what I ended up with:


I think I'll add a little something to it for Christmas, but here it is on the door for now:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay,comments!